The 10th Levka Ori Encounters in Crete is seeking artists to work in interdisciplinary European creative workshops in the mountains of Crete near Paleochora. The Encounter will take place between August 20 and August 28, 2005. The theme for this year's workshops will be Land & Audio Art.
For the last 9 years, art lovers from different countries have gathered in
Crete in the late summer to create visual or sonorous art works 'in situ'.
Artists and art lovers of different disciplines as landscape artists,
sculptors, painters, musicians, dancers, and poets attempt to give concrete
form to an idea in a specific landscape, where
the environment even could make part of the artwork.
Due to the large success of last year, 3 associations from Belgium and Sweden are coordinating their forces into a collective organization: levkaori.org
Each day starts at 10 a.m. and ends about 5 or 6 p.m.
- Saturday 20: a preliminary reconnaissance tour
- Sunday 21: preparation on the site and material
- Monday 22: working on site + visit + swimming in Sougia
- Tuesday 23: working on site + evening sea trip
- Wednesday 24: working on site + visit to anidri ravine
- Thursday 25: finale and documentation at the site.
THE 2005 COLLABORATING ASSOCIATIONS:
- cic internat. association / roeselare - belgium
- land art crossing / goteborg - sweden
http://www.landartcrossing.com look: european project
- logos foundation / gent - belgium