Artists Describing Their Art:
Joyce Waddell Bailey
- WELCOME if you love art, you will love my website. I work in all media and create works of art in a distinct series of related by style and iconography. Underpinning all of my work is drawing--it all starts with the pencil. Even ideas for photographs and digital prints are sketched out. Each series stands by itself Wash Drawings, Botanical Forms, Digital Prints, Photographs, Miniatures. As for my focus on botanical forms in Southwest Florida, these are wonders that compel fascination. I admit to careful study of botanical sources but l am not a Botanist--Botany is a science. Rather, I choose a subject, make drawings, take photographs and observe its response to i environment, placement, water, light, soil. Some plants are unlucky, others, breathe great growth into their lives by an accident of Nature. When I select a subject, I re-compose its attributes in a way harmonious, even surprising, to the viewer. This is in the way of following a logical perfection of the components in relation to each other and the viewer. Most of my work does not represent quiet scenes, they demand viewer participation. I do this by way of shapes, placement, color and a ...
- Adjunct Professor Wayne Quilliam is a professional Australian Aboriginal Photographic artist/film maker/cultural advisor working on the international stage. With more than 20 years experience working in all areas of photography including social documentary, sport, tourism, fashion,weddings, movies, event documentation and exhibitions, Wayne is recognised as a leading contemporary in his field. His work is a fusion of traditional spirituality and contemporary photographic processes,each image represents an interpretation of culture in the modern world. His dream is to work with all races of the world and conduct exhibitions in every country....
- I am Professor Emeritus retired from The Columbus College of Art and Design CCAD. Ive lived and made my art here for 35 years beginning as a student at CCAD and returning after accomplishing my MFA from Boston University. Im now retired and living in Virginia. Ive taught drawing, color, design and painting techniques in the illustration area since 1985. Ive exhibited in Columbus regularly, written up in the Dispatch and in Dialogue Magazine, extended my exhibitions spiraling out from Columbus to various galleries in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky then Maryland, New York, Oklahoma and Washington State Hiroshima Japan, Washington DC, then to Budapest Hungary, Dresden Germany, Zagreb Croatia, Buenos Aires and Cordoba Argentina Early in my life I worked as an IllustratorDesigner after high school and while putting myself through art school later. I worked on projects for Apple computers, OETA PBS and Oprah Magazine. My work is all over the world owned by people like the former Director of the National Archives in Zagreb Croatia, a Bank President in Holland, The Greater Columbus Arts Council, OSU Newark and there are works in collections in Washington DC, New York, Texas, Ohio, Oklahoma, California, Chicago, Buenos Aires, Cyprus. A peace ...
- I am going to do an updated artist's statement. But until I submit it you have a short temporary one. As an artist I an fullfilled and contend. But at the same time I seek more , absorb more, and enjoy more. Art fills and fullfills me..I am always being an artist. My eyes see art always. This is not a hobby that I partake of when time suits. Art feeds me. Art consoles me. And being prolific it also takes my time. And for this I am thankful that i listened to my inner self. I am thankful for a following that grows by the minute. I enjoy you enjoying my portfolio. I also have come to realize that the coined phrase "starving artist" is a reality for some of us. But if you take another quote, my own , you will see that starving and rich pertain to material $. because of you the viewers , and because art is my life and my passion I can truly say that I AM RICH.. RICH WITH NO MONEY... and I can also say with truth that I am happy. I chose the path that allowed this rich life. There will continue ...
- Plucking Ideas from the boiling Caldron of World Affairs, S.C Bhattacharya is a self effecting Artist of City Beautiful Chandigarh ( INDIA ) was born in Nangal Township on 6/4/1953. He draws Images of Shimmering thought within the Parameters of Poetic Understatement .His large collection of cartoons and Posters, spanning from public health to consumer programmes and world events. A Bengali by birth, he spent his early life at Nangal Township. In 1993 he came to city beautiful chandigarh and started his art work. His cartoons are publishing in the leading Newspaper of India "THE TRIBUNE". His cartoons are also publishing in some other Indian Newspapers. His cartoons are also being telecasted by Zee TV Channel of India in their "Morning Zee" programme from December 2000 to July 2001. His five posters are in the archive of Dansk Plakat Museum ( Danish Poster Museum ), Arhus, Denmark. It is one of the biggest poster museum in the world covering 126 countries in the archive. Dansk Plakat Museum have about 2 lacs posters. ...