Organised by Richard Coleman Consultancy and designed in association with
Wordsearch, this exhibition is a celebration of good new building design in
the Capitals historic areas.
It will explore the concept of Anti-Facadism,
a campaign against the retention of facades alone, in historic areas, which
obscure new building schemes and which has been actively pursued for three
years by Lord Rogers, Sir Richard MacCormac and Richard Coleman.
The exhibition will present architectural schemes in London which are perceived
as the successful embodiment of architectural integrity.
- Swiss Reinsurance: European Headquarters, City of London - Architect: Foster & Partners;
- Dolcis House, Oxford Street/ New Bond Street - Architect:: Allies and Morrison;
- Finsbury Square, Islington - Architect: Eric Parry Associates;
- Victoria Street site, Westminster - Architect: MacCormac Jamieson Prichard;
- Long Acre, Covent Garden, Westminster - Architect: Kohn Pedersen Fox;
- Sedley Place, Westminster - Architect: Fletcher Priest.
Subscribe to the Architecture Foundation membership scheme and receive information on our whole programme of activities, invitations to special events and 10% discount on publications. Please contact Helen Paterson, Membership Co-ordinator on 020 7253 3334 or firstname.lastname@example.org