Indepth Arts News: |
"Call for Artists: 2002 National Small Works Painting Exhibition"
2002-07-24 until 2002-11-05
Avenue Art Gallery
USA United States of America
The Avenue Art Gallery extends the opportunity to visual artists residing in the United States to showcase their work in a juried exhibition. The jurors for this exhibition are
Andrea Inselmann, Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art,
Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art, Cornell University
Hall Groat II,
Avenue Art Gallery,
New York Art Guide.
* Visual artists residing within the United States may submit no more than four pieces for one entry fee.
* Works may be no larger than 16" x 20" in dimension.
* Two dimensional painting work will be accepted, including watercolor, oil, acrylic, egg tempera, gouache, monotype on paper, etc.
* All entries must be of original design and personal execution.
* All work must be received installation ready with appropriate hanging device and/or installation instructions, and must be clearly labeled with artist's name and title of work.
* Entry forms must be complete and received with entry fee and labeled slides by November 5, 2002.
* Accepted work may not be withdrawn before the close of the exhibition on January 1, 2003
* The Avenue Art Gallery will retain a 50% commission on all sales made during the exhibition.
* An insurance value and sale price, which includes commission, must be included on the entry form.
* The Avenue Art Gallery reserves the right to photograph and reproduce images from the exhibit for promotional purposes, and to place on the gallery web site.
* The jurors and staff of The Avenue Art Gallery reserve the right to refuse any entry because of excessive size, complexity, special conditions of installation or if the work does not contain the same qualities as the submitted slide.
* Artists are responsible for paying other gallery commissions, packing and shipping on sales.
Slides must be 35mm, 2x2in. cardboard or plastic mounts. Glass slides are not acceptable. Each slide must be labeled with artist's name, title of work and dimensions, with TOP clearly marked. Artist may submit a detail and an overall view of each piece with maximum of two slides per piece. Unlabeled slides will be disqualified. Slides will not be returned unless a SASE is provided.
Entry is $20 for a total of four artworks. One detail may be included for each work. Checks or money orders are payable to The Avenue Art Gallery, and must be submitted with the complete entry form by November 5th,