The Leonardo Electronic Almanac (ISSN No: 1071-4391) is inviting an
open call for papers to be published in 2003. LEA is an online peer
reviewed journal published under the auspices of MIT Press since 1993. The LEA Editorial Board seeks proposals for Theoretical Discussions and Artists Statements / Gallery Commissions
The LEA Editorial Board seeks proposals for:
* Theoretical Discussions: *Original* essays documenting research,
critical commentary in areas of discussion such as nanotechnology, cyberart,
cyberfeminism, hypertext, robotics, bio-art, artifical life,
genetics. This list is by no means exhaustive, and proposals need not
be limited to these areas.
* Artists Statements / Gallery Commissions: International artists are
encouraged to submit statements or proposals for "original" for
exhibiting new media artwork. Curators are welcome to propose thematic exhibitions.
LEA encourages international artists / academics / researchers / students to submit their proposal for consideration. We particularly encourage authors outside north america and europe to send proposals for articles.
Proposals should include:-
- a 150 - 300 word abstract / synopsis detailing subject matter
- a brief bio (and prior works for reference).
- names of collaborators (if suggesting a thematic issue / curated gallery)
- any related URLs
- contact details
Please send proposals or queries to:
Leonardo Electronic Almanac
by 15 January 2003. (Pls note - Response to proposals may take upto 4 weeks).