This exhibition is juried by Mike Glier and Jenny Holzer. Entry is open to all residents of the United States.
No more than four works may be submitted by each artist. All works must be original and completed within the last 24 months. All mediums will be accepted. All works must be prepared for display and must fit through an average sized doorframe. Works previously displayed at the CAC are not eligible for submission. A non-refundable fee of $20 must accompany the entry form. Only cash, checks and money orders will be accepted. Post-dated checks will not be accepted. Works that do NOT meet the above criteria will not be presented to the Jurors.
1. Video artists should limit their submissions to a cued five-minute presentation. All other judging will be done from 35 mm slides only. Mounts must be thin. No glass mounted slides or transparencies will be accepted. Slides must be in top-loading plastic slide sheets.
2. Slides must be labeled with name of artist, title, medium, year of completion, dimensions and “top.” Please number each slide to correspond with the number on the entry form.
3. Include only the required materials. No resume, photographs, brochures, etc.
1. No entry may be withdrawn from the exhibition once it has been accepted.
2. No substitutions of accepted work will be allowed.
3. The artist, by submission of entry, grants the CAC the right to photograph accepted work for publicity, educational and refer
1. All works must be received ready for installation. Any necessary hardware and, if possible, audio/video equipment should be included.
2. All shipping arrangements, insurance and related costs, before and after selection, are the responsibility of the submitting artist. The CAC will not accept any collect shipments.
3. Work should be packed in reusable containers.
4. The CAC accepts no responsibility for work not retrieved by the deadline and will charge the artist $5.00 a day for storage. After 30 days the gallery may discard the work.
1. Great care will be taken with work, but artists will be responsible for insuring their own pieces, including any supplementary video/audio equipment and hardware. The CAC will not be responsible for loss or damage to any work.
1. A donation of 20% will be collected by the CAC for any sale conducted through the exhibition.
2. Work need not be for sale.
1. The Jurors will select multiple artists to appear in the exhibition.
2. Categories include painting, works on paper, photography, sculpture/three-dimensional work, video, sound and performance. These distinctions are not precise and all media will be judged accordingly.
3. There will be a Jurors’ award for best in show. The award winner will receive a solo exhibition at the CAC during the 2004 season.
August 13: Slide entries are due.
August 20: Notifications mailed/posted on the CAC website.
October 17: Final day to deliver artwork.
October 17-23: Installation.
October 24: Opening reception, 7-10 pm.
November 15: Exhibition closes.
Work will be returned to sender, in mail, by December 7th. Pickup for hand-delivered work will be Monday – Friday, 10-5, with appointment, until December 5th.
For more information: