The Miami Art Center and the Latin American Art Museum cordially invite all women fine artists to participate in the exhibition "WOMEN IN THE ARTS 2004" celebrating the International Women Month.
This will be the ninth year this institution organizes an event for women only. This exhibition is supported in part by the Miami-Dade Department of Cultural Affairs, the Miami-Dade County Board of Commissioners and the Miami-Dade County Mayor Hon. Alex Penelas through the Hannibal Cox Community Grant.
The exhibition will take place March 12 through April 3, 2004 with an opening cocktail reception on Friday, March 12 from 6:30 PM to 10 PM. at the Miami Art Center, 2206 SW 8th. Street, Miami, FL 33135 - Tel. 305.644.1127
Conditions of Participation:
1. Theme and media is FREE. They do NOT accept any kind of reproductions or giclee.
2. Size for walls could be up to 40 inches wide including frames with a very small tolerance. Reasonable height.
Size and weigh for tridimensional works must be reasonable and will NOT require special installation.
3. Catalog: full color catalog with all participant artworks reproduced.
4. 2,000 printed invitations plus more than 1,000 additional by email. 300 press bilingual releases to national and international media.
5. Awards: BEST IN SHOW will receive a ROUND TRIP AIR TICKET (*) and Honorable Mentions by independent Juror. ARTWORKS NOT RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE (see #7), will NOT PARTICIPATE in the awards selection.
6. Deadline for registration: FEBRUARY 14. Registration must include a color photo (paper or slide) of the participant artworks for the catalog and a tax deductible contribution of $135.00 (One hundred and thirty-five US dollars or 115.00 Euros) to cover non supported expenses. Payment must be to the order of the LATIN AMERICAN ART MUSEUM through check, money order, credit card or bank transfer. Residents of Europe can send the amount to our account in Barcelona, Spain).
7. Deadline for receiving artworks at the museum with prepaid shipping will be on MARCH 5
(*) Residents of USA will receive a ticket to Europe on low season.
(*) Residents of Latin American including Caribbean countries will receive a ticket to Miami in low season.
(*) Residents of Europe will receive a ticket to Miami in low season.
Any questions? Please call 305.644.1127, fax to 305.261.6996 or email to HispMuseum@aol.com