Para/Site Art Space is calling for exhibition proposals for its programme in 2005. Deadline: Wednesday, 30 June 2004.Para/Site organizes a dynamic exhibition programme of both Hong Kong and overseas artists every year. We provide financial assistance to the artist in the form of a modest artist fee, production expenses and publicity material. Although we are not able to cover overseas artists’ travel expenses, artists are encouraged to seek support from government agencies or private foundations in their own countries. Para/Site will attempt to facilitate their grant application and to locate other possible resources and assistance in Hong Kong.
All submissions should arrive at Para/Site Art Space, 2 Po Yan Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong on or before Wednesday, 30 June 2004. Application is free and Para/Site will not receive applications by email or fax. Late submissions will not be considered. Please do not send any originals and note that no submitted materials will be returned.
Successful applicants will be preliminarily notified by the end of September and will be further confirmed with details of offers subject to the funding situation of Para/Site. For gallery floor plans and information about Para/Site’s previous exhibitions, please browse at http://www.para-site.org.hk.
Exhibition proposal should include:
1. Letter of intent concerning the preferred space and time, including telephone no., email and post address.
2. Project description.
3. Curriculum Vitae.
4. Max. 12 slides, printed images or jpeg images (approx. 1024x768 pixels) in a CD-ROM in direct relation with your project. However, slides that clearly indicate your ideas and approaches of your practice are also adequate. Please do not send original artwork.
5. All slides and images must be clearly marked with name, date, dimensions and medium.
6. A slide list must be supplied.
7. Supporting materials like catalogues, articles and news-clippings of your work and previous exhibitions.
For further details and a copy of the floor plans, please refer to the website www.para-site.org.hk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org