"Decisive Moments" is an international juried online photographic exhibition in tribute to the life and work of Henri Cartier-Bresson (1908-2004). The call for entries is open to female photographers, professional and
amateur, using any photographic process. Entries must illustrate
Cartier-Bresson’s concept of the “decisive moment” in photography.
Cartier-Bresson is well known for his concept of the “decisive moment” in
photography. He defined this moment as “the simultaneous recognition, in a
fraction of a second, of the significance of an event as well as of a
precise organization of forms which gave that event its proper expression."
Entry Deadline - December 1, 2004
Notification of Acceptance - December 20, 2004
Exhibit Dates - January 10 - March 1, 2005
* WIPI Charter members - free (maximum 10 photos)
* WIPI Members - $25 / photo (maximum 10 photos)
(WIPI supports Advertising Photographers of America, En Foco and National
Association of Photoshop Professionals by extending the member discount to
APA, En Foco and NAPP members)
* Non-members - $35 / photo (maximum 10 photos)
Sue Brisk - Editorial Director, Magnum Photos
Howard Greenberg - Owner, Howard Greenberg Gallery / New York
Esther Woerdehoff - Owner, Galerie Esther Woerdehoff / Paris, France
(additional jurors to follow)
- Open to all female photographers using any type of photographic process,
color or black & white, traditional or computer generated/manipulated
- Entries must illustrate Cartier-Bresson’s concept of the “decisive
- No restrictions on date of photograph.