WWW.AFRICANCOLOURS.NET is looking for innovative team members for the new head office in Nairobi as from February 1st.
AfricanColours is an independent online organization since 2000 that works for the promotion of African artists through the hosting of a virtual Africa-information infrastructure for African art. The key issue of African Colours is to work for the importance of Art in general and to support the interests of artists as individuals and / or groups.
We are looking to recruit dynamic, self motivated, innovative team members for our new head office to be situated in Nairobi who will be expected to complement the execution of the AfricanColours programmes which include PR, art projects and campaigns, the purchase and dissemination of editorials, news, new media productions.
S/he must be ready to maintain, build and develop networks of artists within Africa act as a spokesperson for artists and facilitate relations with all relevant stakeholders in relation to artists in Kenya and within Africa.
S/he will identify talented and/or potential aspiring artists and devise strategies to maximize their opportunities; organise exhibitions and proactively promote artists interests in order to promote wider awareness and appreciation, understanding and support of Art in Africa.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Photoshop, and Excel, Flash, Web design)
- Experience in journalism, media/PR, being able to summarize information
- Global decision-making and problem solving skills
- Experience in the artistic field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, enthusiastic and a team player
- Creative thinking and an ability to be proactive and demonstrate initiative
Salary range: Depending on qualifications and salary history
Candidates interested in this position should send a cover letter and CV to: Carla van Beers email@example.com by 5th January 2005.