Gallery Vertigo is now accepting Exhibition Proposals for the 2006 exhibition season. Deadline for proposals is April 30, 2005. General Information:Gallery Vertigo is an artist-run gallery which operates under the auspices of the North Okanagan Artists Alternative, a registered non-profit society. We are located in downtown Vernon, British Columbia, upstairs in the historical Winnipeg Union Bank building, Suite #1, 3001-31st Street. Operation of the gallery is supported through the rental of six studio spaces on site, as well as through memberships, donations and fundraising. The Gallery was founded in 2002.
Gallery Vertigo hosts up to sixteen exhibitions of art per year in two exhibition spaces. Two exhibitions will generally run concurrently. Emphasis is on showing innovative and experimental work by emerging and mid-career artists. Exhibitions are selected by committee. Community involvement is also a primary focus of the gallery with liaisons established with other galleries in the region, with Okanagan University College and with local writers groups.
Gallery One is roughly 288 square feet with 45 running feet of wall space. Gallery Two is roughly 126 square feet with 43 running feet of wall. A gallery floor plan is available upon request. Ceilings in both galleries are 9 feet high with adjustable halogen track lighting. While temperatures are kept within the parameters of generally accepted museum standards, humidity control is not yet available.
We regret that we are not able to provide artist fees at this time. Shipping costs are currently the responsibility of the artist(s) as is crating of artwork. Gallery Vertigo is responsible for hanging and promotion of exhibitions.
Submission Deadline: April 30, 2005.
* Please include the following:
- a current resume or curriculum vitae
- 10 to 20 numbered slides and/or photographs of current work or work related to the proposed exhibition
(all slides/photos must be labelled with the artist‚s name, title of the work, and dimensions. Each slide should be marked with a dot on the upper right corner to indicate which way is up.)
- A corresponding slide/photo list including titles, dates of production, medium and size
- An artist statement relating to current work or proposed work
- A clear and concise proposal for the exhibition
- a self-addressed sufficiently stamped envelope if you wish to have your proposal returned
* packages which do not include all of the above will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered.
NOTE: Proposals for group exhibitions will also be accepted.
Attn: Judith Jurica
Suite #1 3001-31st Street