The KwaZulu Natal Society of Arts (KZNSA) is a non-profit organisation promoting contemporary visual culture in the province. Based in Durban, the KZNSA Gallery is recognised nationally as a prestigious space for showcasing the work of local, national and international artists.
Reporting to the CEO, the Curator will be responsible for:
· ensuring a full calendar of exhibitions for four gallery spaces
· soliciting and evaluating proposals of suitable works for exhibition, in conjunction with the exhibition committee
· organising all aspects of exhibitions
· the overall management and administration of the Gallery and related staff
· preparation and negotiation of funding agreements
· internal and external liaison including the development of significant partnerships
· the promotion and development of educational programmes related to the activities of the Gallery
Suitable applicants will have:
· an appropriate tertiary qualification
· previous experience in a similar environment.
· sensitivity to and support for social-cultural transformation
· a strong network in the South African visual arts world
· an ability to work under pressure
· strong administrative skills with a natural attention to detail
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer, KZNSA, Postnet Suite 150, Private Bag X04, Dalbridge 4014 or emailed to: email@example.com.
Closing date 21 September 2005