Indepth Arts News: |
"Call for Artists: Treasure Postcards Arts Contest"
2006-09-28 until 2006-10-25
Arts For Global Development Network - Art4Development.Net
Treasure Postcards Arts Project (Contest and Exhibition) aims to emphasize the role of arts in economic development and highlight the significance of preserving and protecting humankind's major cultural heritage sites and artistic creations. Deadline for participating in the arts project is October 25, 2006. Interested amateur and professional artists from across the globe are invited to share their visual voices, and creative perspectives on arts' role in economic development and cultural preservation as well as arts added value in poverty reduction and empowerment!
For further information on the arts contest please visit http://www.art4development.net/tpp.html
Call for Participation - TreasurePostcards Arts Contest:
Deadline October 25, 2006
· Worry about neglected and destructed local, national, and global cultural sites?
· Appreciate human creativity, from contemporary-applied-arts to ancient creations?
· Tolerate new cultures, hybrid civilizations while respecting native characteristics?
· Understand the importance of artisanship in survival?
· Value creative economic empowerment?
· Have interest in the arts and economics?
If yes, join the 'TreasurePostcards’ Arts Contest!
Depict YOUR understanding of:
· arts' role in economic development and cultural preservation;
· arts added value in poverty reduction and empowerment!
We invite individuals, amateur and professional artists, from across the globe to share their visual voices, expressions, and perspectives on this very issue.
The postcard-sized artworks should cover issues such as:
· cultural identity and heritage,
· challenges of craftsmanship / artisanship;
· local and global collaboration to end poverty;
· applied arts, ancient /classical arts, contemporary arts
· education/skill development and economic progress
· economics and its relation to human capacity building,
· local, national, ethnic cultural, archeological and artistic treasures,
· creative tourism and the development of job opportunities
· or any other area you think would fit the content of TreasurePostcards.
The artwork material can be images of indigenous cultural treasures, symbols of cultural legacy, folk arts, paintings, collages of various materials (local coins, old unused monies, stamps, beads, related local newspaper clippings, etc); illustrations combined with poetry, anecdotes, caricatures, photographs and/or painted with water colors, pastels, acrylics, pen, etc. The postcards (exactly 4.5 x 5.5 inch or 14 x 10.5 cm in size) can be designed in portrait/vertical or landscape/horizontal format.
Your imagination in interpreting the content of the project is the limit!
Please find project, prize, and submission details at http://www.art4development.net/tpp.html
We look forward to hearing from you! Feel free to share the announcement with your students, friends, and colleagues.
Arts For Global Development, Inc.
Share, Exchange, Inspire, Collaborate!
Let's make the 'Arts' and 'Net' work!
© Arts For Global Development
| || |