The UNESCO Digital Art Award 2007 is organized in association with the Sharjah Biennial 8 (4 April - 4 June 2007, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates) on the theme of "STILL LIFE - Art, Ecology and the Politics of Change". Young artists are invited to reflect on how urban spaces and city environments could be transformed into creative outlets cultivating artistic innovation and new form of expression. Potential applicants to the award are asked to conceive and design their creative projects that are integral to the theme of sustainable urban development.
The total award money is US $10.000, which could be divided and delivered to more than one laureate.
- Submitted projects should relate to the theme and topics of the award
- The applicants must submit one project through the above-mentioned online YDC application - http://unesco.sjsu.edu/
- The user name and password of the online application would be distributed to the candidates once they have sent their CVs and completed entry forms to the UNESCO DigiArts Team email@example.com
- Collaborative participation from more than one artist is highly welcomed
- Young, talented people from under-represented countries are especially encouraged to participate.
Deadlines and submission Materials :
Preparatory materials by 31 December 2006:
- CV and biographies of participating artist(s)
- Completed Registration form
Final materials by 16 February 2007:
- Creative projects submitted online http://unesco.sjsu.edu
- Written documentation on the process of building the creative projects with supporting audio-visual materials
Information also available on the UNESCO DigiArts portal : http://www.unesco.org/culture/digiarts/award