THE 1ST ANNUAL LONDON ART INVESTMENT CONFERENCE will take place MAY 25 2007 with the topic "Art: The Rise of a New Alternative Asset Class"
at London Business School. The registration for the 1st Annual Art Investment Conference is now open.
Purchase your ticket now and get your Early-bird discount
Why an art investment conference? Global art market transactions are approximately 25 billion Euros. Recent research by Barclays Capital and The Economist indicates that art has outperformed both equities and property over both short and long periods of time demonstrating that art has emerged as a viable asset class. The relative inefficiency of the art market offers attractive and significant opportunities to well advised investors. This is a market which investors and wealth managers cannot afford to ignore.
Theme of this year's conference is "The Rise of Art as an Alternative Asset Class".
The conference discusses the characteristics and dynamics of this emerging alternative asset class, why it should be considered in asset allocation decisions, and explores a number of related exciting topics; including:
q Environment for rising art prices
q Creation of art indices comparable to financial indices
q Results on return, risk, correlation for all art and various collecting categories
q Can you quantitatively value art objects
q Knowing how much to pay for superior returns
q What lies ahead: what is the future for as an alternative investment?
q New opportunities for wealth managers
q Is there a role for private bankers and investment managers to play?
q With art emerging as an asset class, what is the future for the structured products with art as the underlying?
The conference brings together a host of world class art investment and art market experts: Speakers to date include:
1. Michael Moses: Associate Professor of Finance, Stern School of Business, co-author for Mei-Moses Fine Art Indices.
2. Randal Willette: Managing Director Fine Art Wealth Management, formerly Managing Director UBS Art Banking.
3. Bijan Khezri - Chief Executive Officer, Artist Pension Trust
4. Anders Peterson - Managing Director, Arttactic.com
5. Joe La Placa ˆ Managing Director, Art Net London
6. Hopewell Wood - Marketing Director, The Fine Art Fund, London
7. Georgina Adam - Market Editor of the Art Newspaper
8. Max Rutten - VP, Cohen & Company, LLC
9. Sabrina Recoules - Special Advisor for Art Investments, SGAM Alternative Investments
REGISTER NOW FOR TICKETS
You can register through our website at: http://www.londonartinvestmentconference.com/
You can register through eventbrite directly at: http://artinvestmentconference.eventbrite.com/
Visit us regularly at http://www.londonartinvestmentconference.com/ to see the updates on the conference program.