The Kiosk is The Physics Room’s smallest, most public art site. Located in Christchurch’s busy pedestrian intersection on the corner of High, Lichfield and Manchester Streets, The Kiosk brings contemporary art to the streets of Christchurch. The space is equipped with power, halogen lights and built-in speakers, with floor dimensions of 700mm along the windows, 557mm at the narrowest end, 710mm at the widest end and 705mm high.
The Physics Room is currently seeking proposals from artists and curators interested in exhibiting in the Kiosk in 2008.
Applicants should supply:
- an outline of the proposed project, equipment required and logistical considerations
- support material, including documentation that gives an indication of previous work
- a brief curriculum vitae
To support artists in realising projects, The Physics Room generally offers:
- a small remuneration as artist and/or curators fee
- support with technical/av requirements and exhibition installation
- publicity, media exposure and digital documentation of projects on The Physics Room website
Application closing date for the Kiosk’s 2008 programme: 30 November 2007
Notification of successful proposals will be sent in due course.
To view a floorplan visit www.physicsroom.org.nz/oblique/kiosk/info/images/kioskplan.pdf.
For more information visit www.physicsroom.org.nz/kiosk/.
If you have questions or would like further information contact the gallery Director, Kate Montgomery, on +64 3 379 5583 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE PHYSICS ROOM contemporary art project space
PO Box 22 351, Christchurch, New Zealand
Tel +64 3 379 5583 Fax +64 3 379 6063
The Physics Room receives annual funding from Creative New Zealand / Toi Aotearoa