Indepth Arts News: |
"Call for Artists: Would you like to see your work on a magazine cover"
2008-07-07 until 2008-08-04
Armory Art Center
West Palm Beach, FL,
Would you like to see your work on a magazine cover?
The Raymond F. Kravis Center for the Performing Arts is accepting submissions from artists whose work is unique, creative and worthy of being published on a magazine cover. All entries must have a "performing arts" theme or motif. Winning entries will be chosen to grace the cover of the Kravis Center's Playbill publication during the 2008-2009 season. A new image will be chosen for each Playbill edition published during the season. With each image submitted, artists must include a 100-word biography that will be published along with winning entries. Each artist whose work is selected will also win 2 tickets to a Kravis Center presentation.
This exciting contest is being conducted in collaboration with the Armory Art Center, Boca Raton Museum of Art, Clematis Coffeehouse, Lighthouse Center for the Arts and Palm Beach County Cultural Council.
We urge artists to be as creative as possible. The artworks can be in any medium. Artists can choose something from existing inventory or create something new.
1. Artworks MUST reflect a "performing arts" theme or motif.
2. The contest is open to all artists and the concept of the artwork MUST be an original.
3. Artworks MUST be photographed and submitted in a digital format with a minimum 300 DPI resolution. High-resolution JPEGs or TIFFs are preferred.
4. Images MUST be vertical in order to fit on the Playbill cover. The publication measures 5.5" x 8.5".
5. By submitting an entry and signing a waiver form, winning artists give the Kravis Center permission to reproduce the image on the Playbill cover as well as in any future publications or collateral materials.
All entries must be submitted by August 4, 2008. Along with each image, artists must include their name, address, phone number, e-mail address and a 100-word bio. E-mail entries to email@example.com
| || |