Indepth Arts News: |
"Call for Artists: Proposals for Public Programme Late 20082009"
2008-07-28 until 2008-08-29
NZ New Zealand (Aotearoa)
The Physics Room is currently seeking proposals for its Public Programme: late 20082009. APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 29 AUGUST 2008. The Physics Room is excited to issue an open call for proposals for its Public Programme extending its invitation to emerging artists, established artists, musicians, sound artists, filmmakers, writers and curators throughout New Zealand. The Physics Rooms Public Programme exists as a platform for participants to present work outside of the gallery or exhibition structure allowing the widest possible dissemination and discussion to take place in line with our aims of presenting parallel, integrated activities to a broader audience in Christchurch.
Applicants should supply:
- An outline of the proposed project including physical and conceptual descriptions (as appropriate).
- An outline of all equipment required and logistical considerations.
- Support material, including documentation that gives an indication of previous work (preferred visual materials: 10 digital images on CD (not in PowerPoint), individually saved as 72-dpi JPEGS / 1 DVD (10 minutes max.).
- A brief curriculum vitae (no more than one A4 page)
To support artists in realising projects, The Physics Room generally offers:
- A small remuneration as an artist or performance/screening/discussion/workshop fee
- Support with technical/av requirements and set-up
- Publicity, media exposure and digital documentation of projects on The Physics Room website
Notification of successful proposals will be sent in due course.
To view the gallery floorplan visit http://www.physicsroom.org.nz/about/floorplan/.
| || |