Indepth Arts News: |
"Call for Artists: Holiday Exhibition - Hand Pulled Prints"
2008-10-23 until 2008-11-21
USA United States of America
CALL FOR PRINT ENTRIES - Deadline November 22nd, 2008. Studio 889 is pleased to announce a call for submissions of hand pulled prints to be
considered for exhibition in our Holiday Show. The exhibition will open on Saturday, December 6th, with an opening reception from
2:30pm - 5:30pm. The exhibition will be on view through Saturday, January 10th, 2009. Studio 889 is a nonprofit visual arts gallery, workshop and classroom whose mission is to cultivate an artistic environment that encourages creative development, technical experimentation, and the exchange of ideas. They do so by providing arts in education, community and professional printmaking workshops.
The studio occupies a 500 square
foot storefront at 889 Hunts Point Avenue, in the vanguard of the burgeoning South Bronx area. The space allows for one large press and one small press on premises, as well as gallery exhibit space.
To date, submissions are coming in from California, Canada, France, Peru, Seattle and Scotland – it’s truly becoming a global exhibit!
* Original fine art prints are eligible. Digital prints, photocopies etc. will not be
* All prints must adhere to the 5x7, 6x9, 8x10, or 10x10 paper size.
* Work is non-juried but Studio 889 reserves the right to reject unsuitable work.
* Price of artwork can't exceed $125.00.
* $5.00 entry fee for up to 3 pieces.
* Studio 889 receives 25% commission.
889 HUNTS POINT AVENUE | THE BRONX
T: 718.620-2824 | F: 718.620.2810
Mailing Address: PO Box 740190 | Bronx, NY 10474
| || [an error occurred while processing this directive]|