Glass Art Society 40th Annual Conference "Ingenious Possibility" will be
held in Louisville, Kentucky, June 10-12, 2010. DEADLINE: January 30,
2009. Download Info & Proposal form at http://www.glassart.org.
The Glass Art Society Board of Directors is requesting proposals for
lectures, demonstrations, and panels for the Louisville, Kentucky
that incorporate the theme, "Ingenious Possibility". Proposals are due
January 30, 2009. Representing the point of embarkation for Lewis and
Clark's historic journey; Boasting the first modern artificial heart, the
vaccine against cervical cancer, and the first human hand transplant; Place
of origin for Louisville Slugger baseball bats, the song Happy Birthday,
chewing gum, "The most exciting two minutes in sports", and, allegedly, the
cheeseburger; Hometown of "The Champ", Muhammad Ali.
Louisville, Kentucky, a.k.a. Possibility City, claims many firsts-
including the first public viewing of Edison's glass light bulb which now
universally symbolizes thoughts and ideas. Ingenuity and Possibility are
trademarks of Louisville. The city's nascent but burgeoning glass scene
offers an opportunity for individual and community growth rivaled by few
other locales. Ingenuity has made Louisville (glass art) what it is today.
Possibility will shape its future. In 2010, Louisville will proudly claim
another first, the hosting of the 40th annual Glass Art Society conference.
Please Note: Lecturers and Demonstrators from the 2007, 2008, and 2009 GAS
conferences are NOT eligible to present at the 2010 conference (panelists
excluded from this 3 year rule).
TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY on CD MAILED to the GAS OFFICE
Submit one cd labeled with your name that includes the following:
1. Completed presentation proposal form
(Download at http://www.glassart.org or contact the GAS office.)
- Complete one form for each presentation proposed
- Two (2) pages maximum for each presentation description
2. Support Materials: Images (if applicable):
- No more than 5 total images submitted per presentation
- Label each image in numerical order with last name:
example (01_Smith.jpg) etc.
- jpg Format
- each image maximum 1000 pixels any direction, and maximum 1MB
3. Support Materials: Text Documents (if applicable):
- Image description sheet corresponding to images on cd with the
following information for each image:
a) example (01_Smith.jpg) etc.
c) Date created
d) Size (Height x Width x Depth with unit of measurement)
e) Materials and Technique
- Resume and credentials for topic proposed (MAXIMUM 3 pages)
- Names and Resumes (MAX 3 pages each) of others on your panel
4. Submit the completed proposal form(s), all relevant documents and
images for each presentation on one cd.
POST to GAS OFFICE: Glass Art Society
Attn: 2010 Presentation Proposal
6512 23rd Avenue NW, Suite 329
Seattle, WA 98117, USA
5. DEADLINE: JANUARY 30, 2009 (Arrive at GAS office, NOT a postmark date)
- All submissions meeting these requirements will be reviewed by the
GAS Board of Directors
- Submission materials will NOT be returned
- Notifications sent April through August 2009.
If you wish to use the form to suggest ideas for topics or presenters you'd
like to hear, or subjects you think should be addressed, please feel free
QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT THE GLASS ART SOCIETY
Glass Art Society
6512 23rd Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98117