articule invites local, national and international artists, groups of artists and independent curators to submit exhibition and project proposals for its programming season from September 2009 to June 2010. The 2009-2010 season marks articule's 30th year of existence. We would like to honour this milestone year with a gallery program that provokes, evokes, subverts, and contemplates notions of time and space.
We are interested in how artists use time and/or space as material, how they consume, manipulate, transform, extend or collapse it in their work. How do artists construct their own time and space? Also of interest: ideas surrounding continuum, simultaneity, transmission, suspense…
In order to adequately support your ideas, we will redefine our exhibition schedule, as well as our space, by offering an extremely flexible structure for the 30th anniversary. This includes flexibility in terms of the duration of your exhibition or project (from two weeks to two months or extended over the whole year), as well as in how you use the space (as a gallery, a production site, a resource centre, a social hub). In this way, we hope to create fresh opportunities, circumstances and contexts for artistic expression and dialogue.
* 30th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL for local artists *
articule is also looking for a "documentarist in residence" who, for the duration of the 2009-2010 programming year, would parasite communication tools and respond to the artistic concepts within the programming. There is also the possibility of an exhibition of the produced documentation at the end of the year.
All proposals must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Artist Statement (max. one page)
- Project description specifying spatial and technical needs, as well as anticipated
timeframe (max. two pages)
- Maximum of 20 digital images on CD and/or a maximum of one DVD, clearly-identified
- A descriptive list for the visual material (title, date, dimension, medium)
- A self-addressed, sufficiently pre-stamped envelope
Please comply with the following guidelines:
- JPEG format suggested, do not exceed 2 MB or 1024 x 768 pixels
- Identify each image with a number and title corresponding to the descriptive list
- Please note that email applications are not accepted
- Prior to sending a proposal, we strongly recommend that you consult our floorplan and gallery images
on our web site: http://www.articule.org/web/menu02/plan_en.html
Please send your proposal to:
262, Fairmount ouest
Montréal (Québec) H2V 2G3
T 514 842 9686