Indepth Arts News: |
"Call for Artists: Submissions Sought for 2009-10"
2009-01-29 until 2009-03-15
Galerie La Centrale
Growing out of the feminist art movement and founded in 1973, La Centrale galerie Powerhouse is one of the oldest artist-run centers in Quebec. The center’s mandate expands on a history of feminist art practices and engages a broader spectrum of underrepresented artists and their initiatives within established art institutions. The gallery aims to provide a platform for contemporary art informed by feminist and gender theory, as well as intercultural and transdisciplinary practices. This involves networking and developing professional exchanges at the local, national and international levels. We promote the work of artists at all stages of their careers to allow for intergenerational dialogue. The programming and events at the gallery are a reflection of our members and their interests and involvements.
Please include the following with your application :
- A curriculum vitae
- A project proposal including artist statement and description of technical requirements (500 words maximum)
- Visual and audio support material for your proposal (Mac OSX compatible CD or DVD)
· Visual documentation (if applicable),10 to 15 digital photos
· Video documentation (if applicable), NTSC VHS or DVD only
· Soundtrack (if applicable)
· Interactive digital or web-based project (if applicable), website , interactive portfolio, digital slideshow, digital video, Quicktime or Flash movie, or other digital material
- A list describing all your support material and visual documentation including dimensions of work, media, title and year of production
- A press kit (if applicable)
- SASE for the return of your support material (All applications without SASEs will be available for pick-up during gallery hours for no longer than 3 months after the Programming Committee’s final decision and response)
- A completed application form (see back or download PDF from lacentrale.org)
Please send your post-dated application to the attention of :
ATT: Programming Committee
LA CENTRALE GALERIE POWERHOUSE
4296 Boulevard Saint-Laurent
H2W 1Z3, Canada
Projects will be selected by the Programming Committee. Results will be mailed or e-mailed up to 3 months after the submission deadline.
| || |