Artists Describing Their Art:
- Artist's statement. Creating has become an intricately woven part of my life. I must express nature, as it is my window to God. I must delight in the human body, a marvel that never ceases to amaze. I must express love and joy-this keeps them tangible in my life. I must trust my instincts and skills allowing them to lead me in the right direction. Most importantly: if my art can move a person to pause, think, smile, ponder, cry, laugh, be encouraged or give them hope, then I have served my purpose in life." To view a video about, my inspiration and work methods in sculpture please copy and paste the link to your browser.
- In the early 1990's Stephen Mead's poems began appearing in such journals as Onionhead, Bellowing Ark, and Invert, but upon moving to Provincetown, Mass., Stephen decided to concentrate more on visual work. It was in the year 2000, after moving back to NY, that Stephen started seeking publication again for both his writing and his art combined. Since, then, thanks to the wonders of the World Wide Web, his work has appeared internationally both in cyberspace, hard copy, and physical Gallery Space. Often the writing has appeared along side his paintings, and at other times with the text superimposed. In 2004 Stephen began experimenting even more with these poetry/art hybrids creating a series of e books, including the award winning "We Are More Than Our Wounds". From there Stephen began experimenting with his art and poems as films, at first creating slideshows with captions, and then doing his own soundtracks and voice overdubs. These DVDs are available through Indieflix.com In 2006 Stephen put this technology to use releasing a CD of poems set to music "Safe & Other Love Poems" (CDBaby.com), as well as two print editions of his image/art hybrids, "Selected Works" and "Tree ...
- Born in Germany in 1969, I am an artist with a BA hons degree in Fine Art from the University of London, Goldsmiths College. I lived in London for many years 1988-2005, and am nowadays based in the Cologne Dusseldorf region of Germany. Originally a painter, for the last four years I have been focusing mainly on photography and digital experimentation. Ulrich Osterloh ...
- After coming to this country from Korea in the mid 60's to study art, among the many forms of Western art that I was introduced to, Abstract Expressionism interested me most. Currently I am in the process of synthesizing Eastern and Western approaches to art. Specifically, I'm adopting the techniques and materials of Eastern calligraphy to Western thematic material, my primary goal being to close the gap between East and West and reach for universal creativity. Eastern calligraphy I learned is a living and breathing spirit, rather than the dead and rigid tradition of thousands of years. It is uniquely a form that conveys the pulsation of life energy. Through it, one can experience all aspects of the living spectrum. Eastern calligraphic form reveals the kind of life the artist has led, as well as foreshadowing the person one will become. It is the art form that manifests the self as a way of life or philosophy of life. It is a powerful art form that operates through direct intuition. As an artist I rely heavily on creative intuition. Moving with changes in the stream of consciousness, my creative intuition somehow brings out the subconscious and superconscious through ...
Hong Van Ng
- A VISION COMES FROM A POINT WHERE THE IDEAS START. Painting is a powerful language in which I express myself and communicate. The message within each painting is an illustrated element or aspect of my life. I paint the moments that capture me, the beautiful and the painful for the exquisiteness of any moment can make me cry, and then I paint. Sketching and drawing are tools of my vocabulary with which I discover and reveal my thoughts and feelings, and when I forget that I am making art, when I am purely communicating, I am free. ...
- I am interested in making visual statements about the interaction of time, history, cultures, memory, intellect, intuitions, experiences and the spiritual, in and on the human creative process. "inherent in all manifest in the few" Born: 1960 Education: Bachelor of Science Degree, Industrial Technology (Technical Management) California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo A.S. Degree Canada Collage, Redwood City, California (General Engineering-Pre Med.) Other: Art History/Art Studies - Stanford University, Palo Alto California Collected in: United States, Holland, Norway, Puerto Rico, Germany, Mexico, England, Brazil ...