In the years 1845–1848, A. Stackenschneider built the Pink Pavilion in Petergof. The building was located on a dam, almost surrounded by three reservoirs: Sampson Basin, the Big Round and Mill Ponds, interconnected.
Like the pavilion of Tsaritsyn Island, this building was skillfully decorated in the style of ancient Roman villas.
It was destroyed by the Nazis during World War II.
The picture was painted in golden autumn, after a twilight trip
History Landscape Oilpainting Saint Petersburg, Original Painting, Abstract Landscape Painting