Artists Describing Their Art:
Walther Von Krenner
- Before I studied in Asia, Picasso and Gauguin had a great influence on my thinking. Later I admired the ideas and importance of Pollocks action painting. After 60 years of painting I believe I have found and created my own unique and personal style. I think art is about beauty and should not become entwined in politics and controversy. Empires have come and gone but beautiful things have survived most. To much of what passes for art these days is stuff that requires absolutely no skill, talent, taste or training and depends entirely on scandal, political statements and controversy. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Walther v. Krenner is well known in the United States, Europe and the Orient for his unique style of ink paintings. These works display a remarkable range, varying between delicate grace and outright earthiness, reflecting his years of study of Zen and his disarming sense of reality. Von Krenners successful works depend on his arduous discipline, careful observation of nature, strict control of the brush and his great sensitivity to living things. After many years of training, it has become possible for him to work swiftly, without accident or loss of detail, to achieve realistic effects which are most remarkable in ...
Walther Von Krenner
- Artist Statement This body of work comes from a community of ideas. My art evoke a dialogue, a message as a language I speak, to create peace in a cosmic dialogue. It speaks in the future tense in a context of time that evoke a feeling of aEUR~time passesaEURtm... The emotional and psychological content of my subject, the way the body expresses its emotion, it contextualizes the concepts of the duality of the meaning of the imagery. My style is an expression of my philosophy which becomes a language using, Post Modern, Expressionism, Latin American Tradition, Surrealism, and soft Classism. It expresses my deep awareness of global issues and is counterbalanced with my cultural heritage. My inspiration originates from lifenature, itaEURtms too spiritual to express. However, it is the same expressive energy as the work transfused between energies which awaken the realms of these energies and evoked them in dialogueaEUR| . I use a certain iconography, which becomes a language. My art has helped me to see that nothing on earth is solitary, all things are interlinked. The unique expression in my art, is an attitudelanguage of my style but is easily understood in itaEURtms emotion. My art Carries ...
- Art ELEMENTS include; relationships of objects, shapes, lines, spaces, colors, rhythm and balance. ELEMENTS are seen when observing any work. An artist should learn while observing, exploring and inventing. While subject matter is important, it should remain subservient to these ELEMENTS. MY WEBSITES:
Raphael Perez Israeli Painter
- Pride and Prejudice: on Raphael Perez's Artwork Raphael Perez, born in 1965, studied art at the College of Visual Arts in Beer Sheva, and from 1995 has been living and working in his studio in Tel Aviv. Today Perez plays an important role in actively promoting the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual) art and culture in Tel Aviv, and the internet portal he set up helps artists from the community reach large audiences in Israel and abroad. Hundreds of his artworks are part of private collections in Israel and abroad, and his artworks were shown in several group exhibitions: in Tel Aviv Museum of Art, "Zman Le'Omanut" art gallery, Camera Obscura, The Open House in Jerusalem, Ophir Gallery, The Haifa Forum and other private businesses and galleries. In 2003-4 his paintings and studio appeared in a full-length movie, three student films and two graduation films. Raphael Perez is the first Israeli artist to express his lifestyle as a Gay. His life and the life of the LGBT community are connected and unfold over hundreds of artwork pieces. His art creation is rare and extraordinary by every Israeli and international artistic standard. His sources of inspiration ...
- ISAAC S. BROWN As his day job Isaac is president and CEO of Baltic Street AEH Inc. A non-for profit agency that helps people coping with mental health issues deal with advocacy, employment and housing based in New York city. Mr. Brown has been painting for over 35 years. This self-taught artist has been previously employed in a variety of jobs including lumberjack, diamond cutter, welder and sergeant in the Israeli Defense Forces. It was during his time in the IDF as a young sergeant during periods of down time that he first picked up a brush and paints to begin to express his artistic creativity. Later in between maneuvers, during his time in the first Lebanese War, he began experimenting with whatever materials were available to a young soldier, creating sculptures and roadside art along the way from one camp to another as a release from the daily pressures and responsibly of caring for his fellow soldiers. After leaving the army he traveled the world extensively continuing painting and sculpting along the way. He spent a considerable time amount living in Europe and thus bringing to his art a unique worldwide perspective. His artwork reflects the passion...
- MY JOB IN GOD THE TRINITY JEHOVAH CREATOR OF LIFE IS TO CREATE THINGS AS A ARTIST AND PLACE SCRIPTURE ON THEM TO RELATE IT TO THAT ITEM MY IDEA IS TO REACH OUT TO THE WORLD IN EVANGELIST REASONS TO GIVE OUT SOMETHING WITH A MESSAGE ON IT THAT RELATES TO THE WORK DONE AND FROM THE GOSPEL ALTHOUGH I MIGHT MAKE THINGS WITHOUT SCRIPTURE LIKE TOYS FOR CHILDREN TO HAVE FUN IN LIFE I WOULD THEN PRAY THAT GOD WILL TAKE A HOLD OF WHAT I DO AND LEAD ALL PEOPLE TO HIS SON HOLY THAT THEY BE SAVED SO ON FOR I RECON WE ALL NEED JESUS CHRIST...