Inspired by the Renaissance House from 1593 in The Old Town in Aarhus, Denmark.
The house is the front building of a merchant's property originally built in Badstuegade in Aarhus.
With its heavy oak beams and carved brackets supporting the second storey, the house is an outstanding example of renaissance timber-frame buildings. The building originally had 22 bays, 10 of which are reconstructed here.
The house was rebuilt in The Old Town in 1946 and houses facilities for children's activities and the school service.