music by Randy Thurman
Climate Change - the impact
ongoing on- and offline project as traveling show at places around the globe
Started by Webist RAINER GRASSMUCK, Wuppertal/Germany in early 2007 as online project now being continued by active Webists worldwide under their respective responsibility
as real life global traveling show (each Webist is responsible for her/his branch of the project)
overall coordination by Webism Group co-founder Ingrid Kamerbeek.
Real life exhibition show locations and opportunities around the globe as they come in:
June 2007 - Show initiator: Parys St. Martin, show location: "The Lost Dog", Durango, CO, USA
August 2007: ACA gallery owner Carol Mark offers to host the show - show poster
at her Toronto/Canada gallery: on show since January 20th till March 1st, 2008 - official opening on February 20th
September 2007: Kenneth-Edward Swinscoe got published in German press and prepares map for sponsor
November 2007: Kenneth-Edward Swinscoe told he got exhibition space at Ministry of Environment, Mainz/Germany
May 2008: Rainer Grassmuck told he got climate change show into "Galerie Tanke", Halver, Germany
October 2008: Ingrid Kamerbeek got in touch with Martin Sambale, managing director of eza! energie- & umweltzentrum allgäu, Kempten, Germany. On November 27th the climate change show European branch (click here for show poster) will take off at the historic KORNHAUS Kempten in the framework of eza's 10th anniversary. Click here for details.
P r e s s r e l e a s e
An article about the show was posted at the world's largest online art platform
A big THANK YOU goes to active Webist JOHN POWELL!!!
Impression from the eza! 10th anniversary celebration on November 27th, 2008
waswirtun.de - initiative und kreative Lösungen zu Klimawandel, Umwelt und Gesellschaft!
whatwedo.de - initiative and creative solutions dealing with climate change, environment and society!
Get your own - Open publication
European Commission on climate change
photo credit IPCC
Young people from around the globe report their thoughts on climate change
P R E S S R E P O R T S worldwide
online report at absolutearts.com
George Harrison on climate change and souls - click on image
We Are Earth Group at You Tube
BBC on climate change
CNN on climate change
Climate change theme in detail especially thinking of the impact in the Tyne region of the UK...
Klicken Sie hier, um zur deutschen Version zu gelangen
The latest news regarding climate change splits up humanity to three points of view:
- I knew it all the time
- Thus it's true, how awful
- Nothing but making a fuzz, don't wanna know anything about it
In fact climate change is happening already since decades speeding up whilst we are watching. It also cannot be stopped in foreseeable time. All statements in respect to the future of our climate, influences on our lives are based upon facts which will be turned over tomorrow. How do we Webists look at the consequences due to climate change?
This project starts as online project but will become a real life show if sponsors are found. Look for sponsors in your area too to make this a real life show also in your region. Submissions will be printed, framed and exhibited with the help of sponsors, first in Germany then in other countries too. Therefore it is necessary to submit works in printable quality. To win sponsors for this exhibition an appropriate website will be set up starting April 1, 2007. This international project will only be feasible if at least 20 Webists are willing to get involved.
This is a juried show. Topic fitting images only please.
Attention: Participants are asked to put a link to the project page to their website.
Change of climate - the impact
3000 x 4200 pixel, 300 dpi
1500 x 2100 pixel, 300 dpi
Report at absolute.arts.com
Deadline online show March 31, 2007 (now extended without deadline)
- send to email@example.com
Entries can be seen at http://www.kunstfluss.de/index4.htm
starting April 1st, 2007
Participating artists of real life climate change shows
(online participants to be found at Rainer Grassmuck's site)
***Mon, 24 Apr 2006 00:03:34 +0200 (CEST)
Loved your atrwork!
Hello there John.
Having just seen your wonderful artwork I had to tell you how happy I am.You are a truly talented artist and your work is a true source of inspiration!I am an artist from Malta and am always very interested in seeing what is going on with other artists on their sites and I must say that on a friends recommendation I am so happy to have seen your work and be touched by what you do so my respect and warm congratulations.
You seem to have a good soul and put so much of yourself into your work.I admire your good sense of colour and the mixed hues which delight the senses and the excellent touch of imagination , which flows throughout all you do,is stunning!Well done.
If ever you get time I would humbly invite you to see my work at my site which is HYPERLINK "http://www.marcoart.co.uk/"
; "_blank" www.marcoart.co.uk and if there is anything you like maybe you would even be kind enough to share your thoughts by clicking on the painting and writing a comment in the space bottom left?
Sending you my very best wishes for the weekend I hope my lines find you in full creative swing and I look forward to hearing from you.
Respect and positive vibes.Marco
Marco Brown &<8232;&<8232;0035621331180 &<8232;0035699862485 &<8232;&<8232; HYPERLINK "http://www.marcoart.co.uk"
; "_blank" www.marcoart.co.uk
"Two steps from the deep blue&<8232;And a view to the far horizon&<8232;Two breaths&<8232;And pure thought&<8232;Will sow a feeling&<8232;Of great hope"
*John Powell appeared in the (Regen/Germany),newspaper/press,date&name
of paper:Baerwald Bote Donnerstag 8.Juni 2006.Captioned:Webism-Kunst
aus Sieben Landern auf der Leine.
*John Powell's painting,selected & featured on WorldWide Arts Resources Corp.(absolutearts.com).Frontpage/homepage:June 7-6-2006,as an example piece to feature/represent a major group exhibition at Galerie Kalina in Germany on June:3-30-2006
*Exhibition 3rd-30th June 2006,at Galerie Kalina,Regen/Bavaria/Germany (PHYSICAL),SEE GALLERY/LINKS:
*John Powell picture was featured in newspaper/press,May 11/5/2006 in Chisinau,Moldova/Russia.Under the (CAPTION: ART PEOPLE).
Name of newspaper:"Rabota i Obrazovanie"
* 2006 Exhibition 10th March,Gallery, "Dwor Zieleniewskich" ,in Trzebinia(Trzebinia,ul.j.Pisudskiego 47a).(CHELMEK POLAND)(PHYSICAL)
*Bird2005 International Art Award Commonwealth Exhibition,Gufang Gallery,(Beijing China),(PHYSICAL)
*2005-Exhibition on"December" 9th,(MOKSIR,POLAND CHELMEK),Gellery "EPICENTRUM",(PHYSICAL)
*2005-Art Auction at the "Copacabana Nov 5".New York
* DISSERTATION/THESIS: ART APPRECIATION CLASSES,LOOKING AT ART,PROJECTS,RESEARCH PAPERS,RADIO & TELEVISION INTERVIEWS LOCALLY & INTERNATIONALLY,(DONE ON JOHN POWELL):Used his paintings,in education,
subject:Contemporary artists in the world and the Caribbean/Jamaica:
Nyack College Manhattan N.Y., by Student:Denice
* San Antonio College Texas, by student: Maria Vasquea
* University of Wisconsin Oshkosh,by student: Beth
* Edna Manley College of the Visual & Performing Arts,(EMCVPA),Jamaica,by a student of the (School of Visual Arts).
* Northern Caribbean University,(N.C.U.),student,Jamaica
* Mr John Powell,was invited to donate one of his Paintings,as a part
of the "TSUNAMI" project.The entire proceeds from the Painting went to this project.
* mr John Powell, was invited to exhibit in the openning of a Caribbean Art Gallery in Albuquerque New Mexico
by Glen Heywood
* Mr John Powell,was inducted in the National Registry's Who's Who in Executives and Professionals 2003-2004.
B to B Publishing.
Registered at the Library of Congress in Washington,D.C.
* Mr John Powell,was invited to exhibit in the 3rd International Art Festival " CHANIA 2005",In June at the NEORIA,CRETE,GREECE.
It will be the largest art exhibition ever held in Chania and one of the largest ever held in Greece.
* Mr John Powell,have been nominated by The Internal Committee to participate in the Fifth Annual International Biennal of Contemporary Art which will take place from the 3rd to the 11th of December,2005, in the exhibition space of the historic Fortezza da Basso in Florence,Italy.
11 Presidente della Biennale
Prof. Pasquale Celona
* John Powell,is in the list of the artists selected for the "Biennale Internazionale dell' Arte Contemporanea",the fourth edition which will be held in Florence on 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 December 2003.
President of the Biennale
Prof. Pasquale Celona
* Received mention in newspapers,Magazines and books in Jamaica and abroad including:
*Nomination for the United Cultural Convention's"INTERNATIONAL PEACE
PRIZE", by UCC,American Biographical Institute Inc,(ABI)publications
Honorable Award-Bird2005 International Art
Award,Commonwealth Competition,by Beijing National Cultural Center
*2005-Certificate of Collection,for artwork Spirit of "Piece"by Artist
John Powell was collected into the Beijing National Culture Center
*World Premier Edition 2006 of the International Directory of Experts
and Expertise,"by American Biographical Institute,Inc",ABI.
*Madison Whos Who 2005-2006
Wissen im 21.Jahrhundert
by Kai Lehmann,Michael Schetsche
* Who's who in the world Classic-15th,16th,17th,18th,19th,20th, 21st, 22nd & 23rd Editions,Published by Marquis who's who Publication Board,1998-2006
* Dictionary of International Biography,27th,28th & 29th Editions,Published by International Biographical Centre Cambridge,England IBC,1998,1999,2001-2002
* Outstanding People of the 20th Century 1st & 2nd Editions by IBC
* 2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 20th Century by
International Biographical Centre, Cambridge England IBC, 21st Century Award for Achievement, 2002
* 2000 Outstanding Scholars of the 20th Century by International Biographical Centre Cambridge,England IBC.
* One Thousand Great Intellectuals
* 2000/2001 Nomination as International Man of the Year
* The Millennium Edition of Who's Who in the World
* Consultant Contemporary Who's Who American Biograhical Institute,Consultant editor American Biographical Institute
* Inducted in the book, with this prestigious title:"Living Legends"
by International Biographical Centre Cambridge,England (IBC)
* The Jamaican- A Rayne Publication Volume 111-1989.
* Who's Who & What's What in Jamaican Art & Entertainment 1996
* Artist in Residence,Bracoe Village Resort,Jamaica,1997
* MEMBERSHIPS:Webism Group of WorldWide Artists,ISA-International Society of Artists,National Gallery of Jamaica,Metro.Museum of Art,
Contemporary Who's Who,board member,(American Biographical Institute)
* 2003-2004 Golden Web Award,winner
* John Powell paintings, for auction & exhibition in Germany,at Gallery "NordHof".And is among a selected group of invited artists world wide to show in a traveling show/exhibition through approximately,50 German Cities in 2004-2005.Thus his participation guarantees german wide publicity.