I am an art nomad. Traveling and exploring styles, mediums, themes and techniques - both traditional and contemporary. Combining intuition and technique, I seek to create a sublime fusion of thought and medium. My colors are rich, always luminous.Intense.Striking.
For me art is a celebration of life and an inward journey of growth and awakening.
I have been a professional artist for the past 20+ years. I have completed and commissioned over a thousand paintings for clients across India, UK, Canada, France and the US. The paintings are in various styles–both traditional and contemporary and represent multiple mediums that I have worked with. I have experimented with great success with mixing traditional tools and techniques with contemporary mediums (painting with vegetable dyes & natural substances on Cedar wood), frescos on cement walls, Charcoal on canvas, painting with leather batik, Etching and painting on metal foils, brushed steel laminate, and glass.
Overview of my art education and training
· Studied Fine Art at the College of Fine Arts and Architecture at Hyderabad, India
· Diploma in Ceramics from LS Raheja College of Art, Mumbai
· Studied “Patachitra”, the traditional art of Orissa for 3 years with the help of a “guru” from Raghurajpur, which is the home of Patachitra art
· Diploma in Photography at SNDT University, Mumbai
· Traditional Chinese painting from Mr. Fang Zhi Qiang from Shanghai University, China
· Traditional Mithila style of painting
· Specialization in Pen & Ink
· Leather Batik and painting on leather, ceramic ware etc.