Artists Describing Their Art:
- The inspiration for creating my sculpture grew from a lifetime love of trees. I am in awe of the stately presence and silent majesty they posses. I find the structure of trees to be one of the perfections in nature. With their roots embracing the earth; in winter they show their bones, in spring gentle buds, in summer a canopy of green and in fall a magical kaleidoscope of colors. Beauty, pure beauty. ...
- Sculpture is an act of creating art, and a philosophy on living. It is my belief that my artwork follows some means of a universal law I call "Creation and Beauty." Stated simply, there is no doubt a responsibility inherent toward created forms. It's quality, it's energy, and the messages released through my actions are expressions that I work toward being aware of. This is the first thing I concern myself with before I step into my studio and stand before the set block of clay on any given day. A quality sculpture has to be a product of spiritual, mental and technical abilities. Great works of art should possess deep roots in human spirituality, as well as depth regarding thought and feeling. Artwork can appear as fleeting inspirations or a belabored process based on the experience of the artist. In turn, if an artwork is created with the intention of lasting decades and being viewed for many generations, it has to be technologically strong and skillfully made. Important thought is the search for quality. Quality, which is proportional to the amount of effort, must be made to the best of the artist's ability. The Ancient Greeks ...
- Jim Collins is primarily a Public Art sculptor working in a figurative manner. His sculpture style has been characterized by the use of silhouettes of people and animals constructed of stainless steel, aluminum, and other metals, best exemplified by his long running series the WATCHER. The peaceful figure of the seated man has progressed over the years and can be found in both public and private collections in the United States and Ireland with the majority located in the Southeastern United States. Colorful silhouettes of figures and animals can be seen from the Emerald Isle with large cows along freeways to Firemen and Dalmatians in Plano Texas with the latest additions in Balbriggan Ireland and Colorado Springs. Recently Collins has added complex polychrome enamel painting to selected silhouettes, i.e. the female figure. "Rejoyce" is the newest silhouette in natural brushed finished aluminum with powder coat and enamel. More examples can be seen at www.collins3d.com. His mixed media collages with assemblage frames are somewhat challenging in that the art is not finalized until the viewer completes it. In general, there is no prearranged single story, idea, or philosophy inherent in the work. Because the work is made of...
Stefan Van Der Ende
- My sculptures are Solutions for Non/existing Problems . Now is the time to collect them. They are rare and unique ,and there are not many of them , also due to the big amount of time it takes to make the biggerones in wood and stone . They are made dreaming/thinking and working intensively , whith the intention to be able communicate emotion through their abstract/associative visual appearence which relate to subconcious processes in the human mind .(specialy mine ofcourse ) There are often more pictures of one sculpture , because ,as you know you have to see sculptures from more sides , to get a good impression . Mijn sculpturen zijn oplossingen voor niet /bestaande problemen . het is nu de tijde om ze te gaan verzamelen Ze zijn zeldzaam en speciaal , en er zijn er niet zoveel te koop , ook als gevolg van het feit dat het een grote hoeveelheid tijd kost om ze te maken ( speciaal die in hout en steen ) Ze worden gemaakt in een intensief proces van denken dromen en werken . Met het doel uiteindelijk via hun abstract/associatieve visuele aanwezigheid emoties via abstracte vorm te communiceren via de interpreatie van de beschouwer .door het raken van onderbewuste oude lagen in ...
- WILSON SASSO - EXHIBITIONS CASA JOAO TURIN, Curitiba, PR/BRAZIL. INDIVIDUAL, currently, up to 28/01/2008. 6a MOSTRA JOAO TURIN Casa Andrade Muricy, Curitiba - PR/BRAZIL Selected artist, 2003. A NATUREZA DOS ELEMENTOS II Espaco Cultural FALEC, Curitiba - PR/BRAZIL With the paint artist Paulo Assis, 2003. SERES PATETICOS Museu Joao Turin, Curitiba - PR/BRAZIL Individual, 2001. IMPRESSOES DA NATUREZA Museu do Jardim Botanico, Curitiba - PR/BRAZIL Collective, 2000. ARTE E EXPRESSAO Espaco Cultural Francis Bacon, Curitiba - PR/BRAZIL Collective, 2000. A NATUREZA DOS ELEMENTOS I Curitiba - PR/BRAZIL With the paint artist Paulo Assis, 1999. MUSEU VIRTUAL DE ARTE BRASILEIRA -MVAB/BRAZILIAN MUSEUM Galeria XXI Web page:
Hong Van Ng
- A VISION COMES FROM A POINT WHERE THE IDEAS START. Painting is a powerful language in which I express myself and communicate. The message within each painting is an illustrated element or aspect of my life. I paint the moments that capture me, the beautiful and the painful for the exquisiteness of any moment can make me cry, and then I paint. Sketching and drawing are tools of my vocabulary with which I discover and reveal my thoughts and feelings, and when I forget that I am making art, when I am purely communicating, I am free. ...
Hong Van Ng