Artists Describing Their Art:
- The inspiration for creating my sculpture grew from a lifetime love of trees. I am in awe of the stately presence and silent majesty they posses. I find the structure of trees to be one of the perfections in nature. With their roots embracing the earth; in winter they show their bones, in spring gentle buds, in summer a canopy of green and in fall a magical kaleidoscope of colors. Beauty, pure beauty. ...
- Sculpture is an act of creating art, and a philosophy on living. It is my belief that my artwork follows some means of a universal law I call "Creation and Beauty." Stated simply, there is no doubt a responsibility inherent toward created forms. It's quality, it's energy, and the messages released through my actions are expressions that I work toward being aware of. This is the first thing I concern myself with before I step into my studio and stand before the set block of clay on any given day. A quality sculpture has to be a product of spiritual, mental and technical abilities. Great works of art should possess deep roots in human spirituality, as well as depth regarding thought and feeling. Artwork can appear as fleeting inspirations or a belabored process based on the experience of the artist. In turn, if an artwork is created with the intention of lasting decades and being viewed for many generations, it has to be technologically strong and skillfully made. Important thought is the search for quality. Quality, which is proportional to the amount of effort, must be made to the best of the artist's ability. The Ancient Greeks ...
Stefan Van Der Ende
- My sculptures are Solutions for Non/existing Problems . Now is the time to collect them. They are rare and unique ,and there are not many of them , also due to the big amount of time it takes to make the biggerones in wood and stone . They are made dreaming/thinking and working intensively , whith the intention to be able communicate emotion through their abstract/associative visual appearence which relate to subconcious processes in the human mind .(specialy mine ofcourse ) There are often more pictures of one sculpture , because ,as you know you have to see sculptures from more sides , to get a good impression . Mijn sculpturen zijn oplossingen voor niet /bestaande problemen . het is nu de tijde om ze te gaan verzamelen Ze zijn zeldzaam en speciaal , en er zijn er niet zoveel te koop , ook als gevolg van het feit dat het een grote hoeveelheid tijd kost om ze te maken ( speciaal die in hout en steen ) Ze worden gemaakt in een intensief proces van denken dromen en werken . Met het doel uiteindelijk via hun abstract/associatieve visuele aanwezigheid emoties via abstracte vorm te communiceren via de interpreatie van de beschouwer .door het raken van onderbewuste oude lagen in ...
- WILSON SASSO - EXHIBITIONS CASA JOAO TURIN, Curitiba, PR/BRAZIL. INDIVIDUAL, currently, up to 28/01/2008. 6a MOSTRA JOAO TURIN Casa Andrade Muricy, Curitiba - PR/BRAZIL Selected artist, 2003. A NATUREZA DOS ELEMENTOS II Espaco Cultural FALEC, Curitiba - PR/BRAZIL With the paint artist Paulo Assis, 2003. SERES PATETICOS Museu Joao Turin, Curitiba - PR/BRAZIL Individual, 2001. IMPRESSOES DA NATUREZA Museu do Jardim Botanico, Curitiba - PR/BRAZIL Collective, 2000. ARTE E EXPRESSAO Espaco Cultural Francis Bacon, Curitiba - PR/BRAZIL Collective, 2000. A NATUREZA DOS ELEMENTOS I Curitiba - PR/BRAZIL With the paint artist Paulo Assis, 1999. MUSEU VIRTUAL DE ARTE BRASILEIRA -MVAB/BRAZILIAN MUSEUM Galeria XXI Web page:
Hong Van Ng
- A VISION COMES FROM A POINT WHERE THE IDEAS START. Painting is a powerful language in which I express myself and communicate. The message within each painting is an illustrated element or aspect of my life. I paint the moments that capture me, the beautiful and the painful for the exquisiteness of any moment can make me cry, and then I paint. Sketching and drawing are tools of my vocabulary with which I discover and reveal my thoughts and feelings, and when I forget that I am making art, when I am purely communicating, I am free. ...
Hong Van Ng
- Art, creativity and imagination have always played an important part in my life, although I have only started to fully concentrate on painting a few years ago. This passion has always been part of me. I have finally given up my work as a general manager in industry - to dedicate all my time to painting. At last I do what I have always wanted to do. It is simply that a dream has finally come true. Even during my years at secondary school my paintings were awarded prizes and I should have enrolled in art classes after I passed my A-levels. In fact, a renowned company manufacturing ceramics offered me a scholarship, which I was unable to accept at the time. I have always kept up with painting as landscapes and images, abstract and impressionist. Since some years now I am able to paint full-time and fill canvas after canvas with my ideas. My new studio is right in the centre of the village of Arcegno, surrounded by wooded hills, near to Ascona, a well-known tourist centre at the Lago Maggiore in the South of Switzerland. I apply the paints directly to the canvas with a spatula. ...