Artists Describing Their Art:
- Harry Weisburd is an Internationally Represented Artist, including, USA, Expressions Gallery, Berkeley, California,
- We all have wonderful talents to bring to the World of art as artist. Your unique style and ambitions are greatly respected. We are empowered by the inspiration of our souls, inspired by the beauty of the world around us, and, in our way, changing the world. My goal as an artist is to make a difference in the world of art. I am color-blind and I have dyslexia. Having overcome many obstacles in my life then sharing my findings to those I run across. I am painfully shy when it comes to promoting myself to different galleries and organizations and that's why I've created my own portfolio web site. (www.pickettonline.com) Competition in the world of art is so high that good artist will eventually give up, not knowing that in there own way, they really are making a difference, Maybe not in the world, but in the local community or their family and friends. ...
- Artist Statement - Paul Litherland Paul Litherland is a visual artist/performer living in Montreal. Primarily a photographer and producer of multimedia performances, Litherland works with themes of vulnerability, masculinity and ideas pertaining to how communications take place. His relationship to technology, one of simultaneous attraction and rejection is a constant underlying theme in all of his photo-based work. In life, as in his art, Litherland is compelled to create situations of physical and psychological danger. Finding ways to go through fear without panicking is a game of self-control that he enjoys on an almost daily basis. This desire to live an intense experience, as seen through his participation in the extreme sports of skydiving, motorcycling, BASE jumping and boxing is translated directly into his art practice. Litherland pinpoints these difficult, complex and sometimes cumbersome situations as mediums for direct and honest communications. His most recent works include multimedia productions and photographic projects such as: Art Photography, a photographic project inspired by the information that accompanies an artwork when it is photographed badly. It was developed while in residence in Mexico City. Most recently, the projects BOX, and ASCII Fighter, are boxing performances created for Le Rencontre Internationale ...
- The material doesn't need to be filled with words. It speaks for itself. It is our consciousness that has to translate it for us. My work is a loyal mirror of our societies, a reflection of a fragment from the thin line between fiction and reality. Tirzo Martha 2004...
- bio-blurb-propaganda [:::] paula roush (born in lisboa, portugal; lives and works in london). paula is an interdisciplinary artist whose work addresses public culture and urban space. With a visual art and urban/social studies background, she works across these disciplines as both a practitioner and a theorist. She works with the city as a site of investigation and develops ways of intervening in urban space, working in the mode of public art and tactical intervention into public debate but more generally, working with a problematic of the public and the politics of the public sphere. Paula is the founder of msdm [