Artists Describing Their Art:
- Harry Weisburd is an Internationally Represented Artist, including, USA, Expressions Gallery, Berkeley, California,
- I donaEURtmt know how IaEURtmm able to do all of this, but somewhere inside me I know that I stand out from the rest, IaEURtmm unique and have some powers that are beyond comprehension. I stay pretty much to myself and I feel like someone who is not from this planet and that there are differences that I readily perceive. All of this makes me self-conscious and also makes me more critical of myself. I judge and criticize myself a lot which I should not, but I do because I feel alienated at times. IaEURtmm vary humble and definitely not better than anyone else. I have so much to achieve, and thataEURtms why I take my own time to do so, there are times when I get irritated and agitated because of keeping a lot of expectations for myself, and when IaEURtmm not able to execute it, I feel low. However, I have to make sure that all these expectations are achievable, not impractical and unfeasible. As a result, I trust my intuition more which allows me to communicate with others. Self-expression and originality are also associated with me. There is a ...
- Artist Statement - Paul Litherland Paul Litherland is a visual artist/performer living in Montreal. Primarily a photographer and producer of multimedia performances, Litherland works with themes of vulnerability, masculinity and ideas pertaining to how communications take place. His relationship to technology, one of simultaneous attraction and rejection is a constant underlying theme in all of his photo-based work. In life, as in his art, Litherland is compelled to create situations of physical and psychological danger. Finding ways to go through fear without panicking is a game of self-control that he enjoys on an almost daily basis. This desire to live an intense experience, as seen through his participation in the extreme sports of skydiving, motorcycling, BASE jumping and boxing is translated directly into his art practice. Litherland pinpoints these difficult, complex and sometimes cumbersome situations as mediums for direct and honest communications. His most recent works include multimedia productions and photographic projects such as: Art Photography, a photographic project inspired by the information that accompanies an artwork when it is photographed badly. It was developed while in residence in Mexico City. Most recently, the projects BOX, and ASCII Fighter, are boxing performances created for Le Rencontre Internationale ...
- The material doesn't need to be filled with words. It speaks for itself. It is our consciousness that has to translate it for us. My work is a loyal mirror of our societies, a reflection of a fragment from the thin line between fiction and reality. Tirzo Martha 2004...
- bio-blurb-propaganda [:::] paula roush (born in lisboa, portugal; lives and works in london). paula is an interdisciplinary artist whose work addresses public culture and urban space. With a visual art and urban/social studies background, she works across these disciplines as both a practitioner and a theorist. She works with the city as a site of investigation and develops ways of intervening in urban space, working in the mode of public art and tactical intervention into public debate but more generally, working with a problematic of the public and the politics of the public sphere. Paula is the founder of msdm [