Artists Describing Their Art:
- I have always wondered why statements are necessary from artists, unless their statements are not clear in their work. I think my paintings are strong enough to make their own, and that is my statement about my artists statement....
Joyce Waddell Bailey
- WELCOME if you love art, you will love my website. I work in all media and create works of art in a distinct series of related by style and iconography. Underpinning all of my work is drawing--it all starts with the pencil. Even ideas for photographs and digital prints are sketched out. Each series stands by itself Wash Drawings, Botanical Forms, Digital Prints, Photographs, Miniatures. As for my focus on botanical forms in Southwest Florida, these are wonders that compel fascination. I admit to careful study of botanical sources but l am not a Botanist--Botany is a science. Rather, I choose a subject, make drawings, take photographs and observe its response to i environment, placement, water, light, soil. Some plants are unlucky, others, breathe great growth into their lives by an accident of Nature. When I select a subject, I re-compose its attributes in a way harmonious, even surprising, to the viewer. This is in the way of following a logical perfection of the components in relation to each other and the viewer. Most of my work does not represent quiet scenes, they demand viewer participation. I do this by way of shapes, placement, color and a ...
Walther Von Krenner
- Before I studied in Asia, Picasso and Gauguin had a great influence on my thinking. Later I admired the ideas and importance of Pollocks action painting. After 60 years of painting I believe I have found and created my own unique and personal style. I think art is about beauty and should not become entwined in politics and controversy. Empires have come and gone but beautiful things have survived most. To much of what passes for art these days is stuff that requires absolutely no skill, talent, taste or training and depends entirely on scandal, political statements and controversy. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Walther v. Krenner is well known in the United States, Europe and the Orient for his unique style of ink paintings. These works display a remarkable range, varying between delicate grace and outright earthiness, reflecting his years of study of Zen and his disarming sense of reality. Von Krenners successful works depend on his arduous discipline, careful observation of nature, strict control of the brush and his great sensitivity to living things. After many years of training, it has become possible for him to work swiftly, without accident or loss of detail, to achieve realistic effects which are most remarkable in ...
- Dear Friends, The Posner Covid-19 sale has closed. To those who took advantage of the price breaks during the sale, congratulations on pocketing a tidy sum. To those who missed the opportunities, well...sorry you missed the opportunities. I keep telling everyone--on these absolute arts web pages of mine and also face to face--that prices for Posner art will only increase. Well, since I have not updated my price list here in well over a decade I thought I would take this end of the year opportunity to do so. It is a tedious and time-consuming process I have to research current trends in the national and worldwide art market, examine auction results, research what art critics are saying about what is being shown, what the art magazines are writing about, what the vector and availability of art supplies is, etc. in order to arrive at fair market prices for my work. It wouldnt be wise to pull numbers out of the air. I feel glad for those patrons of mine who have enjoyed my work in their homes and workplaces over the years while they have seen a healthy increase in the market value of ...
- ISAAC S. BROWN As his day job Isaac is president and CEO of Baltic Street AEH Inc. A non-for profit agency that helps people coping with mental health issues deal with advocacy, employment and housing based in New York city. Mr. Brown has been painting for over 35 years. This self-taught artist has been previously employed in a variety of jobs including lumberjack, diamond cutter, welder and sergeant in the Israeli Defense Forces. It was during his time in the IDF as a young sergeant during periods of down time that he first picked up a brush and paints to begin to express his artistic creativity. Later in between maneuvers, during his time in the first Lebanese War, he began experimenting with whatever materials were available to a young soldier, creating sculptures and roadside art along the way from one camp to another as a release from the daily pressures and responsibly of caring for his fellow soldiers. After leaving the army he traveled the world extensively continuing painting and sculpting along the way. He spent a considerable time amount living in Europe and thus bringing to his art a unique worldwide perspective. His artwork reflects the passion...
- My expressionist paintings are done using an intuitive process. I begin with the paint and then allow the paint and my subconscious to lead me to the subject matter. Exciting interactions between colors evolve from brushwork, pouring, glazing, spraying and other techniques. I strive to show the essence of the subject rather than paint an overly realistic image. I never know what I will find next in my work. I hope it will be dramatic and emotional. Note that the paintings are not framed. ------------------------------------- I began painting professionally in 1977 after studying art at Florida Atlantic University. There I explored the many styles and techniques available to the acrylic painter. My first photo-realism style piece was created while attending FAU. I knew from that moment that realistic nature scenes would be my style of choice. This remained my theme and style until after 2005. As time has passed my work has changed and become more creative in its processes. Color is still the dominant feature in my work. As my focus has shifted toward expressionism I stored my realism pieces. The originals of many of them are still available for purchase and are included in my inventory here at ...
- Harry Weisburd is an Internationally Represented Artist, including, USA, Expressions Gallery, Berkeley, California,
- Born in Italy. My father was a painter in the classical tradition, who had several comissions in cathedrals, churches and private homes. I was introduced to this tradition at the early age of five, and worked as an assistant to my father until I was fourteen years old. Education 1969-73 Attended the Instituto dArte, Napoli. Obtaining Diploma di Maestro dArte Master degree in Fine Arts. During this period I became interested in surrealism, and the abstract concept, and Fauvism the use of bright colours. 1974-77 Attended the Accademia delle Belle Arti di Napoli. Field of study Painting. During this period I took special interest in the colour and light studies. 1978-82 Studied at the Liceo Artistico Caserta, MaturitA! Artistica Interior Design. Field of study Interior and architecture design. These studies led me to a rendezvous with my childhood experiences. He started experimenting with a mixture of classical and modern techniques...