Artists Describing Their Art:
- I have always wondered why statements are necessary from artists, unless their statements are not clear in their work. I think my paintings are strong enough to make their own, and that is my statement about my artists statement....
- Art ELEMENTS include; relationships of objects, shapes, lines, spaces, colors, rhythm and balance. ELEMENTS are seen when observing any work. An artist should learn while observing, exploring and inventing. While subject matter is important, it should remain subservient to these ELEMENTS. MY WEBSITES:
- I was born in 1937 in Leningrad, USSR (now St. Petersburg, Russia). My way to art was a lengthy one. Before becoming an artist, I studied for thirty years at the forefront of modern physics as a PhD scientist and professor, author more than 150 scientific articles in contemporary laser physics. Thirty years of strenuous scientific work on the front edge of modern physics gives me a deep feeling for the anxiety and unprotectedness of the world's beauty. The formula, "beauty saves the world" fits my own attitude. My creed is also embodied in the statement: "to have time to realize everything given to you by Nature." At the threshold of my fifties, I decided to live one more life, a new, alluring life of the free artist. I walked away from my established scientific career and completely devoted myself to painting. In 1991 I founded and headed the association "Light, Color and Art" to connect with scientists engaged in the arts. The main directions of my paintings are lyrical realism and abstract compositions. My paintings are about light, color, atmosphere and space. For me, the most important elements are light and color and their juxtaposition/nexus/meeting of...
- I will be getting large files made of the art work I did while on some of the islands that suffered the Hurricanes. The originals will be available for sale believe it or not and there will be fine art prints available. Self-supporting bi-product of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Haystack Mountain School of Crafts, and trial and error. Current activities lindakelen-artings.blogspot.com ...link found somewhere below. ...
- ISAAC S. BROWN As his day job Isaac is president and CEO of Baltic Street AEH Inc. A non-for profit agency that helps people coping with mental health issues deal with advocacy, employment and housing based in New York city. Mr. Brown has been painting for over 35 years. This self-taught artist has been previously employed in a variety of jobs including lumberjack, diamond cutter, welder and sergeant in the Israeli Defense Forces. It was during his time in the IDF as a young sergeant during periods of down time that he first picked up a brush and paints to begin to express his artistic creativity. Later in between maneuvers, during his time in the first Lebanese War, he began experimenting with whatever materials were available to a young soldier, creating sculptures and roadside art along the way from one camp to another as a release from the daily pressures and responsibly of caring for his fellow soldiers. After leaving the army he traveled the world extensively continuing painting and sculpting along the way. He spent a considerable time amount living in Europe and thus bringing to his art a unique worldwide perspective. His artwork reflects the passion...
- Born in Italy. My father was a painter in the classical tradition, who had several comissions in cathedrals, churches and private homes. I was introduced to this tradition at the early age of five, and worked as an assistant to my father until I was fourteen years old. Education 1969-73 Attended the Instituto dArte, Napoli. Obtaining Diploma di Maestro dArte Master degree in Fine Arts. During this period I became interested in surrealism, and the abstract concept, and Fauvism the use of bright colours. 1974-77 Attended the Accademia delle Belle Arti di Napoli. Field of study Painting. During this period I took special interest in the colour and light studies. 1978-82 Studied at the Liceo Artistico Caserta, MaturitA! Artistica Interior Design. Field of study Interior and architecture design. These studies led me to a rendezvous with my childhood experiences. He started experimenting with a mixture of classical and modern techniques...
- "Subject matter in painting is merely the trigger that allows the expression of something more profound, unconscious and possibly hidden even from oneself, and therefore all inclusive, so viscerally immanent to humankind" ( R. Alonzo) Totems beyond Patriarchy" May 2014 Nature has been qualified as a female organic form by most ancient cultures, but for the last millennia or so, the world has been primarily perceived and shaped by the masculine side of the species. Our recent history however has seen a trend towards a natural reversion to a feminine bias, with women becoming increasingly more crucial to all aspects of society. These works serve to remind us about these issues and others that we continue to face the world while reinventing the female figure as an emblem for current conditions and a new Totem for the future. The juxtaposition between the representations of the animals and plants in compromised an ailing conditions and the female form that seems to swallow and revive the life- infused aspects of her creation, render a sense of hope for a future in which the maternal provides a healing force to an ailing planet. Signs. Symbols. Sentinels" February 2, 2013 The works of the present...