Artists Describing Their Art:
- My painting is an emotional mirror of my person which animates my plastic works. My art is a trigger of sensations and feelings that are intended to propose s universal language. In my creation I look for the harmony. Led by the graphics and colours, joy and freshness, I opt for geometrical forms. In my work, I am looking for a simple and well-balanced aesthetics allowing each of them to escape through a uniqueness and originality. The diverse materials, resin, papers, mats, the brightest, overlays, colours, tears are elements which, as strokes make exaggerated sign of my painting. I use a small palette of colours and besides paintings of buildings, products of the pharmaceutical industry, varnishes, lacures, inks and colours based on water. With all this I get some surprising encounters which facilitate the hatching of a work In other words, my research will be fruitful if the final receiver of my works is your glance....
- Reality meets myths. Personal visual impressions of chosen English gardens ... lately also Mediterranean seaside, are coming together in imaginative collages and alchemic transformation. . Sensitive to the environment as well as to human interactions and expressions it all translates into visual myths . Not only travels between geographical points, but also a thirst for such trips in the mind through myths and readings of initiatic rituals of metamorphosis, infiltrated as well my art of painting. At the end, every archetype (for example Heliogabalus, Persephone and Artemis) and every movement reaches back to the source of rhythm and scales creating a personal mythology and so I understand my self and the world after each painting is done by a hypersensitive process and not a premeditated rational plan. The seasons or the elements and their rhythm are interwoven with my vision of human soul and the soul of the sea ...
- Well...I'm self taught. I let my native american and native earthling experiences influence my work. I don't believe there are mistakes in art. Anything created by a person is insight into however crazy, skewed or thoughtful a persons being is. Embrace it all. I believe if we as humans could learn to appreciate other humans artwork, even if we don't like it, we could learn to appreciate each other AS humans and not; black, white, mexican, iranian, scott etc...our differences are only our clothes and experiences. We were made by God. If we're good enough for him, we ought to be good enough for each other. This earth has two things it'll be known for when it's all over. Art, like music and visual arts....and the fact we kill each other instead of help each other. Let's focus more on ART!...
Ana Castro Feijoo
- My work is essentially a visual development of the relationnships between shapes, colors, line and emotion, with in speecific field, sometimes the symbols reveal themselves spontaneously, my chalenge in their balancein space. It is halfway between abstraction and figuration. I donA't analyze, I donA't coneptualize, rather I build and destroy until I unravel a portrait of the moment. It is my language to express mmy interior, difficult with words. In the paintings I paint layer upon layer, letting it happen and flo, in the engraving especially llately in the monocopie, once the inks have been disseminated I am intereested in exploring the accident that occurs when literally exploding them under the pressure of the press, moment by moment, until the appropriate ones are captured on papeer or canvas. I am a multifaceted artist. I am attracted to the challenges of differrent disciplines. It is an evolution in time, while the work is being created, to the point that I see an abstract representation of something that I had not seen before and I allow the work to have its own presence....
- Musical Visions is a body of work devoted to all themes of Music. These themes traverse the worlds of jazz, dance, rock, nature, spirit, and beyond. These musical themes are explored in the universes of realism and abstract, often combining both at a level of Spirit. Having practiced Zen meditation I see all mediums of art as One, which is derived from the ancient Buddhist scriptures. My Greatgrandfather wrote the "Hatikvah," national anthem of Israel, and my father was a jazz piano player, as well as a commercial artist, so the genetic splicing is readily obvious. The heritage of music, as well as art and spirit informs the work, and I offer it as a form of celebration of heightened sensibility. Joyousness, rapture, and expression, not just existence! As artist- in- residence at the Bluenote jazz club in NYC, and a participant in the Newport Jazz Festival and the Saratoga Jazz Festival for many years, I have had the great opportunity to bring this work to lovers of music as well as art throughout the Eastern Seabord of the USA. I now welcome the opportunity to bring it to the world- at- large through absolutearts.com. Please celebrate with me! ...