Artists Describing Their Art:
- Award 1963 1st Prize of contemporary engraving Center of Engraving Geneva MusA(c)e daEURtmart et daEURtmHistoire Geneva 1966 Grant of the Swedish state for study at the University of Gothenburg research in the textil in Op art 1969 USA Gould corporation 1st prize for the realization of a Op art sculpture 1970 2 nd prize for a textile work - electro-acoustic, University of Gothenburg 1971 1 st prize for a textile work - electro-acoustic, RAPhsska Museum Gothenburg 1985 Italiy Centro Studi e Ricerche delle Nazioni World Culture Award Statue of Victory 1985 1985 Centro Studi e Ricerche laEURtmAccademia daEURtmEuropa Diploma of Appointment of Academician of Europe for its cultural and professional activity 1986 Diploma European SchowmenaEURtms Union For his sincere efforts on behalf of the European ShowmenaEURtms Union we hereby extend our special appreciation to. Bruxelles IV73 1987 Diploma of nomination Golden Elephant for the merits that he acquired to the cause of the circus Schweizer National Circus GebrA1/4der Knie Rapperswil 1998 Installation Award Certificate of Merit Research in Op art Angel Orensanz Foundation, Center for the arts, New York 2000 Aim for Arts, International juried exhibition, celebrating artistic achievement Federation of ...
- Art ELEMENTS include; relationships of objects, shapes, lines, spaces, colors, rhythm and balance. ELEMENTS are seen when observing any work. An artist should learn while observing, exploring and inventing. While subject matter is important, it should remain subservient to these ELEMENTS. MY WEBSITES:
- FLASH New offer on the classic 1982 Posners Pocket Guide to Oil Painting. Hand-written, then reproduced by offset process. Hand-assembled. Original, unique art attached to EVERY cover. No two alike. Some in oil paint, some in other media. Collectors item. Best pocket guide to oil painting, ever. For beginners as well as advanced artists. 350 each plus first class postage. Indiana residents add 7 percent sales tax to merchandise not including postageshipping. Selection of cover art offered but not guaranteed. Use email messaging here to contact the artist. No postage if you pick it up about 10 mi. north of Tell City, Indiana. Not set up for credit card sales. Check or cash only. Buy one or more or later on, kick yourself in the behind for passing up a real bargain and an investment opportunity. After you reach the main or first Posner portfolio page, the tour is pretty intuitive. Please click on an image to enlarge it and bring up further details about the piece of art and a description or story about it. Once you have done this, you may also click on zoom-in, a function, which may or may not work. There are...
Joyce Waddell Bailey
- WELCOME if you love art, you will love my website. I work in all media and create works of art in a distinct series of related by style and iconography. Underpinning all of my work is drawing--it all starts with the pencil. Even ideas for photographs and digital prints are sketched out. Each series stands by itself Wash Drawings, Botanical Forms, Digital Prints, Photographs, Miniatures. As for my focus on botanical forms in Southwest Florida, these are wonders that compel fascination. I admit to careful study of botanical sources but l am not a Botanist--Botany is a science. Rather, I choose a subject, make drawings, take photographs and observe its response to i environment, placement, water, light, soil. Some plants are unlucky, others, breathe great growth into their lives by an accident of Nature. When I select a subject, I re-compose its attributes in a way harmonious, even surprising, to the viewer. This is in the way of following a logical perfection of the components in relation to each other and the viewer. Most of my work does not represent quiet scenes, they demand viewer participation. I do this by way of shapes, placement, color and a ...
Environmental Artist Apollo
- "The beauty of our planet should be held in respect as well as reverence and awe! As the care takers of this precious jewel called Earth it is our duty to become more harmonious with our environment, for what we hold in our hands is a trust for future generations. What we do today, creates tomorrow." APOLLO Internationally Renowned Environmental Artist. Apollo is one of the World's Leading Environmental Artists. Apollo started painting dolphins and whales when He first moved to Maui in 1980. Since that time he has developed a Worldwide Following and has had the privilege to work with several Environmental Groups to raise both funding and awareness. ...
- Working as an illustrator and painter for more than 20 years, I have often utilized the figure in narratives to communicate the nature of the human condition. I give each of my characters a role in my paintings that plays out like a scene from a motion picture. Carefully scripted by a personal experience, these characters go about their lives like you and me. Many of my paintings depict tension or energy in some way. The tension is exhibited in an attitude, an action or in some activity on the canvas. The tension is either overt or more kinetic, but is almost palpable in each piece of artwork. The size of my paintings, along with some personal connection, pulls you into the canvas. The drag of an alto saxophone fills the room in one painting while the noise deafens you; the smoke chokes you. A fight breaks out in the corner of the room on another canvas while a pool hustler wins a round. The subjects are infinite. Henry O. Tanner, John Sloan, and George Bellows were masters at observing and translating these types of human conditions onto a canvas in oil. My technique, drawn from what I have observed ...